Transport to and in Amsterdam
The means of payment for the public transportation system in the Netherlands is the OV-chipcard. You can buy an (disposable) OV-chip card at the yellow machines at the train stations. Visit http://www.ns.nl/en to plan your trip by train (for instance from the airport to the city centre).
An easy way to get around in the city centre of Amsterdam is by tram. You can buy a ticket at the tram driver if you do not have a (charged) OV-chip card. You can plan your travels with 9292OV or download the free 9292 app.
The city centre of Amsterdam is quite small. You can also easily get around by foot or rent a bike at one of the many bike renting places in the city centre.
The Allard Pierson Café and the Nina van Leerzaal are located at Special Collections, University of Amsterdam, Oude Turfmarkt 127, Amsterdam.
The VOC Zaal is located at the Bushuis, University of Amsterdam, Kloveniersburgwal 48, Amsterdam.
OMHP D0.09 is located at the Oudemanhuispoort 4-6 Oudemanhuispoort 4-6, Amsterdam.
The Conference Dinner will take place at the Amsterdam School for Heritage, Memory and Material Culture (AHM), located at BG2, University of Amsterdam. Turfdraagsterpad 15-17, Amsterdam.
The Doelenzaal, the Potgieterzaal and the Belle van Zuylenzaal are all located at the University Library of the University of Amsterdam, Singel 425, Amsterdam.
The Doelenzaal and the Belle van Zuylenzaal are both located at the University Library of the University of Amsterdam, Singel 425, Amsterdam.
To get from Amsterdam Central Station to the Special Collections/Bijzondere Collecties (Oude Turfmarkt 129: Allard Pierson Café, Nina van Leerzaal) and Universiteitstheater/University Theatre (Nieuwe Doelenstraat 16-18: 101A Theater)
- Leave the train station on the city-centre side and go to the Tram station (east-side)
- Take a tram to Spui (Rokin). The Trams that stop here are
- Tram 16 (in the direction of VU Medisch centrum)
- Tram 24 (in the direction of VU Medisch Cenrum)
- Tram 4 (in the direction of Station RAI)
- Tram 9 (in the direction of Diemen (Sniep))
- Leave the tram at the stop called Spui.
- Head north on Rokin, turn right and cross the small canal. Follow the big canal (Oude Turfmarkt) and walk ca. 150 metres. You will find the Special Collections on the left.
- Turn left at the end of Oude Turfmarkt to reach the Nieuwe Doelenstraat where the University Theatre (number 16-18) and Hotel le Coin (number 5) are located.
To get from Amsterdam Central Station to the University Library (Singel 425: Doelenzaal, Potgieterzaal, Belle van Zuylenzaal)
- Leave the train station on the city-centre side and go to the Tram station (west-side)
- Take a tram to Spui (Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal). The trams that stop here are
- Tram 5 (in the direction of Amstelveen Stadshart),
- Tram 1 (in the direction of Osdorp/de Aker)
- Tram 2 (in the direction of Nieuw Sloten)
- Leave the tram at the stop called Spui. Walk ca. 150 meters forward by following the track of the tram and you find the University Library on the left.